In a continuing effort to better serve our members, we are implementing a new program to track the insurance status of all collateral and mortgage loans. You may have received a letter in the mail or a recorded phone message from us requesting that you provide a copy of the insurance policy associated with the loan number and collateral securing your loan. If you do not have your policy readily available, please contact your insurance company and have a copy mailed to the following address as soon as possible:
Coastal Credit Union
P.O. Box 690010
San Antonio, TX 78269-0010
What is Acceptable Proof of Insurance?
The Insurance Policy Declaration Page is needed showing the following:
- Name and Address of the Insured
- Loss Payable Clause naming Coastal as loss payee & lien-holder
- Full Collateral Description, including the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Comprehensive and Collision coverage, with a maximum deductible of $1000
- Effective date of coverage and expiration date
- Insurance ID cards are not acceptable as proof of coverage. Your loan agreement requires you to maintain full coverage on your collateral for the life of the loan. We require that you provide us evidence that you have established acceptable insurance coverage as outlined in your loan agreement.
We can help protect your investment!
For your convenience, you may provide your policy information or check your insurance status by visiting www.imcovered.com/COASTAL24. For questions or assistance, please contact our insurance department at (866) 481-6219. Fax number: (866) 600-5699.
Thank you for choosing Coastal and allowing us the opportunity to serve you!