Here's how joining Coastal Credit Union can help you bank better:
- As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, our rates are structured to serve members' best interests, with lower rates on loans and higher dividends on deposits
- Our friendly, attentive professionals in North Carolina prioritize your goals to help you reach them
- We eagerly adopt new technology that meets our members' demands for convenience and security
- Our full suite of financial products and services mean we support you through every life stage and every milestone
Here are the four ways you can qualify for membership.
1. Membership Through Community Charter: You can join Coastal if you live or work in the cities of Littleton, NC; Weldon, NC; Aurelian Springs, NC; Airlie, NC; Halifax, NC; Arcola, NC; Hollister, NC; Brinkleyville, NC; Heathsville, NC; Tillery, NC; Enfield, NC; Scotland Neck, NC; Whitakers, NC; Castalia, NC; Red Oak, NC; Dortches, NC; Leggett, NC; Wrendale, NC; Speed, NC; Nashville, NC; Rocky Mount, NC; West Edgecombe, NC; Woodcrest Park, NC; and Tarboro, NC. This includes anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in, and does business and other legal entries located in Vance County, NC.
2. Family Membership: If you're an immediate family and household member of someone who has already joined Coastal, you are also eligible to become a Coastal member. Immediate family is defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchildren, stepsibling and anyone in an adoptive relationship. Household is defined as anyone living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
3. Business Partners: You're qualified to join Coastal Credit Union if you're employed by one of the hundreds of eligible associations, organizations or businesses we partner with.
4. Join the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA): Membership is open only to North Carolina residents for this nonprofit organization of individuals, businesses, municipalities and other groups interested in North Carolina's sustainable energy future. The $18 NCSEA membership fee will be deducted from your initial deposit to your Coastal Primary Savings account.