Coastal Credit Union has announced that David Faleski has been named Coastal’s new SVP/Chief Information Officer, effective immediately.
Faleski brings 24 years of credit union experience to the leadership team, including 15 at Coastal. His breadth of experience includes several VP roles over key departments, namely Marketing and Member Contact Centers, Digital Banking, and most recently, IT Strategy. He also took on a special role as Director of Business Transformation during our core processor conversion project in 2013 and 2014, where he led the implementation of essential systems.
“David’s ingenuity has been tremendous asset to Coastal, and he’s a welcomed addition to our leadership team,” said President & CEO, Chuck Purvis.
During his career at Coastal, Faleski has been the catalyst behind several noteworthy initiatives, and was instrumental in the execution of several more. Among his career highlights:
- Creation of Coastal’s flagship product, Go Green Checking
- Development of Coastal’s one-cent overdraft forgiveness program, which saves members nearly $3 million a year
- Building the first iteration of Coastal’s VIP Program, predecessor to the Loyalty Bonus patronage dividend program that returned $2.3 million to members this past year
- Implementation of Coastal’s current Digital Banking system, including mobile bill pay, and the subsequent development of new modules like a Go Green transaction counter and the “What’s My MICR?” account number lookup tool
- Creation of a new payments module in Digital Banking, resulting in greater member convenience and a significant cost savings to both the credit union and members
- Redesign of Coastal’s IT division structure
Faleski is a lifelong learner with a BS in Accounting from Excelsior College, an MBA from Campbell University, and an M.Ed in Technology in Education from Strayer University. He also holds several technical certifications, a certificate in graphic and web design, and a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation. His industry credentials include both Credit Union Development Educator (CUDE) and Certified Credit Union Executive (CCUE) designations, as well as being an alumni of Filene Institute’s i3 program.
Faleski fills the role vacated by Kristopher Kovacs, who was named President and CEO of Constellation Digital Partners, LLC in May.