How Coastal Can Help You Plan for the Future - Infographic
What would you like your financial situation to look like in five years? How about 10 years? If these questions made you nervous, don’t be. Coastal’s team of experts are here to help you plan for a financially secure future. In this blog post, we’ll outline tactics you can start implementing now to ensure your financial future is bright.
Checking and Money Market Accounts
When you open a Coastal Go Green Checking account, you can earn a higher dividend rate with the debit card purchases you already make. That means you can actually save some of your own money the next time you go shopping for groceries or purchase gas at the pump.
Once your Go Green Checking account is active, you should consider opening a Go Green Money Market account as well. Money market accounts offer higher dividends rates than standard checking or savings accounts without any added financial risk.
Coastal’s Go Green Checking and Money Market bundle offer means you can earn 3.00% APY1 on your checking account and 1.75% APY on the funds in your money market account if you use your Go Green Checking debit card 30 times or more each month. You can’t go wrong with this savings duo.
Save money now, so you can retire confidently. Sounds like a fairytale, right? With the help of Coastal’s Wealth Management available through CFS, we can help you creat a sound financial plan for your future. You can get started right away with a variety of investment options to help you build long-term wealth. Coastal offers investment options for more conservative investors with fixed interest, and options for more aggressive investors with broader exposure to the stock market.
Investing your money might sound intimidating, but it enables you to put money away now, so that you can retire later in life. To learn more, visit our investments page to determine which path is right for you. Or, connect with an advisor if you need help deciding.
Ready to start saving for your future? Coastal’s Individual Retirement Accounts are yet another great way to start planning for your retirement. Whether investing in a Roth IRA or a traditional IRA, we offer an IRA tailored to your specific needs.
With rates starting at 2.25% APY4 Coastal’s IRAs offer a low-risk savings strategy to boost your financial future. As savings and investment accounts, Coastal’s IRAs provide you with a stream of money once you reach retirement and may even provide you with tax benefits5.
Roth IRAs at Coastal offer variable or fixed rate investment options and future tax benefits. Roth IRA contributions aren’t tax-deductible, but you’ll pay no taxes when you withdraw funds. Coastal also offers IRAs specifically designed for self-employed individuals. At Coastal, you can count on having lower minimum IRA balances than most banks and higher returns on investments. You can even set up automatic transfers for current-year contributions to IRA savings.
Whether you want the best rate possible without being locked into a term deposit or don’t mind a little commitment, compare plans on the IRA webpage to find what’s best for you.
Special Savings Accounts
Planning for college or a future wedding? Whatever your future might entail, let Coastal help you plan for it. Once you open a Primary Savings Account to become a member of Coastal Credit Union, you instantly gain access to a full range of products and services, giving you reasons to save.
With initial deposits of just $100 in a Primary Savings Account or $1 in a Special Savings Account and competitive dividend rates on deposits, you save smart for all future needs. With the convenience of 23 local branches and more than 5,000 nationwide shared branch locations, Coastal offers you more than 80,000 surcharge free ATMs in the Triangle and beyond.
Did you know? Coastal’s team of professionals are ready to answer your questions with a complimentary planning session where they will help you create a customized financial plan suited to your exact budget and lifestyle. Getting started is easy. Connect with a financial professional today, by visiting www.coastal24.com/Access/Finding-Us/Contact-Us.
- APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is variable, and is subject to change after the account is opened. APY is accurate as of the last dividend declaration date. $100 is needed to open an account. Minimum balance required to earn APY is $0.01. Premium Tier and Standard Tier rate are applied to daily average balances up to $10,000. Base Tier rate will apply to the portion of the balance exceeding $10,000. For more details, see the Truth-In-Savings Disclosureand Rate Table. Fees may reduce earnings. Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. There is a limit of one Go Green Checking account and one Go Green Money Market account per Social Security number.
- APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is variable, and is subject to change after the account is opened. APY is accurate as of the last dividend declaration date. $100 is needed to open an account. Minimum balance required to earn APY is $0.01. Fees may reduce earnings. Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
- Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS; are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Coastal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
- APY - Annual Percentage Yield. High Yield IRA Savings requires $100 minimum to open. For more details, see the Truth-In-Savings Disclosureand Rate Table. Fees may reduce earnings on account. Rates subject to change without notice after account opening. Penalty for early withdrawal. APY is accurate as of the last dividend declaration date.
- Consult tax advisor for more information.