Coastal Credit Union has announced that Creighton Blackwell has been selected as Coastal’s new Chief Culture & Impact Officer, effective immediately. Blackwell’s promotion is a welcomed addition to Coastal’s senior management team. He brings more than 25 years of financial experience and community leadership, including nine years at Coastal. He most recently served as VP, Corporate Affairs & Community Engagement and, prior to that, was responsible for leading Coastal’s retail branch network.
“I know that Creighton will have an immediate impact,” said Chuck Purvis, Coastal’s President and CEO. “He has always been a strong voice at Coastal for advancing our company culture, and will now shape how we do that in a way that has a positive, lasting effect on our members, our industry and our community. Creighton will be a welcomed part of our Senior Management Team and will report directly to me.”
Blackwell’s responsibilities will include:
- Serving as executive sponsor for Coastal’s newly-formed Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee, and providing a voice within the C-Suite on these and other topics
- Serving as the executive sponsor for Coastal’s Credit Union Development Educator group
- Acting as Coastal’s external ambassador and executive liaison both locally and at the national level
- Representing the Coastal Credit Union Foundation in the community
- Overseeing Coastal’s government relations efforts at the local, state and federal level
“I am extremely excited to have the opportunity work along an amazing leadership team and continue our mission to improve the lives of our members and communities,” Said Blackwell.
Blackwell bolsters the role with relevant and recent external experience that includes:
- Appointment by Executive Order by the Governor of NC to the Task Force to Develop a Representative and Inclusive Vision for Education
- Participation on the Triangle Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity Alliance Steering Committee
- Membership in the Bridge Forward Committee - a group of community, political, educational, and business leaders encouraging understanding and empathy by being a sounding board, a place to learn, and a place to equip people to serve locally and impact nationally
- Participation in the Credit Union DEI Practitioner Network with Humanidei
Blackwell is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is also a graduate of the Leadership North Carolina program, and the National Credit Union Foundation’s Development Educator program. He serves on several local, state and national boards and committees, and is chair of the North Carolina Council for Economic Education, the Greater Chapel Hill Carrboro Chamber and the Partnership for a Sustainable Community.
When you're ready for more rewarding workdays, consider Coastal.