It’s been a while since a hurricane of this magnitude has threatened the Triangle. We may need to close our branches if the weather is severe enough to warrant it. We’ll keep updating this page with relevant information. We’ll also submit branch closing information to WRAL, and post to our social media channels.
We’d like to take a moment to assure you that we are preparing for the storm and to make you aware of some services that should ensure access to your accounts.
- Take advantage of our digital services:
- If the weather is bad, don’t risk the trip. Nearly any activity you need to do, you can do online. Additionally, if you download our mobile app, you can even deposit your checks. You can do all of this for free from the comfort of your home.
- We are working to ensure that our digital service like bill pay, transfers, payments, card transactions, telephone banking and our 24/7 call center should all be operational, even if we have to close.
- We may experience branch closures and interruptions in certain services. Like you, we are reliant on outside service partners (power, telephone, and internet) to keep everything up and running.
- Check our locations page:
- Access your cash from nearly 6,000 shared branching locations, and over 80,000 surcharge free ATMs nationwide. Just look for these logos:
We’re tracking the storm and executing our emergency plans, and will do whatever is necessary to ensure that our employees are safe while minimizing the impact to our members. Thank you for your understanding as we go through this together.
Be sure to stay safe and be prepared by checking out “Preparing for a Storm” on WRAL.